Translate

5/15/2019

A Diagnosis, Finally!

I was waiting to start sharing updates until we had more answers, saw more doctors, and had more tests done to rule out other things, but today has been a monumental day. There have been so many "aha moments" that I just feel like we finally have answers. It's definitely the beginning of the journey, but it feels so good to feel validated and have explanations. It's just reassuring. Not that I didn't truly know something wasn't right and my health wasn't ok because I obviously haven't stopped going to new doctors, running or tests, retelling my story and symptoms, but it really gives me the confirmation I'M NOT CRAZY.

After today, I have been so excited (which is a weird term to use) to share with those that care, research, follow along, and pray for me and my family what I'm learning and the pieces I'm finding to my puzzle.

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS)

If you are like me and when my rheumatologist mentioned something at my first appointment about having a hypermobility syndrome and kinda went, "what, is that a thing?" YES, YES IT IS! After leaving the appointment, my sister and I immediately started googling because the doctor did say it could explain a lot of my issues. We weren't expecting what we would start reading and of course now you know she found my diagnosis. At my next check up with her 2 weeks later, I could barely hold back tears to tell her all the little things I didn't even think to mention were symptoms that I've always had and dealt with just brushing off.



Favorite link so far that I would love for you to read 👇


Stay tuned!

No comments: