Translate

1/07/2021

Six Months Post Op


For my 6 month update I thought I would share some symbolism I've been thinking about lately. The first is snow. Some of you may know that I actually grew up in Alaska. Last week I was a mix of emotions. I'm normally a reflector and documenter so you would imagine that with 2021 upon us, even more so. I had just had a very tough healing phase over Christmas and was feeling a lot of sadness and discouragement. By NYE I was starting to feel better physically and we actually got snow here in Texas, the most that I've seen in years. 


All I could think of that night and next day seeing all that white was transformation and the end of the growing season (the wait). I was looking back at some previous notes the past year and stumbled on where I wrote 7 years = completion. That made me remember when my journey to health answers really began. Before then it's not that I didn't go to doctors or do testing, it's just there wasn't ever any explanations besides "I don't know" and I had kind of just accepted my fate of weird issues that I was "one of those unlucky women that had bad periods" and a "sensitive stomach." 

 

In 2014 when my husband and I finally settled down in one place, my issues were the worst they had ever been and started becoming more constant instead of just debilitating once or twice a month. I felt like I really had adapted my diet enough while also trying every exercise/supplement or possible thing on my own to improve my health to no avail. That's when we knew it was onto the next step of more invasive testing/surgery and trying different medicine protocols. Unfortunately those still all came back without any diagnosis and feedback besides trying to get pregnant would be the best course of action to hopefully cure me of my pain and problems. This in itself would pose opposition, but finally I did get pregnant and we had hope everything would be better. 

 

Now, seven years later, I would find out I actually had multiple chronic illnesses (without cures) and that I would need lifesaving surgery. I am 6 months out from having that operation for 5 vascular compression syndromes and I finally feel like this is the next beginning of something. Starting new. I have answers for the first time even though it makes my future very unpredictable, I know what I'm dealing with, and I'm on a mission to make sure others have information, guidance, hope, and a plan.

 

So my question for you is, have you ever felt or seen firsthand the completion cycle of 7 years? If you had snow over the holidays what were you reminded of?



 
"In еvery prayer that you lift to the sky
In еvery tear that you cry
 
In your silent night
When you're not alright
Lift your eyes and behold him
Feel the thrill of hope
You are not alone
In this moment, behold him
 
Born to seek and born to save
Born to take our pain away
God with us, Emmanuel
In his arms, all will be well
(Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah)
 
In your silent night
When you're not alright
Lift your eyes and behold him
Feel the thrill of hope
You are not alone
In this moment, behold him (behold him)
King forevermore
Come let us adore
Christ our savior, behold him
Feel the thrill of hope
We are not alone (not alone)
In this moment, behold him"
 
 
 

1 comment:

Memaw said...

Love the song����❤️��
MEMAW