Translate

11/22/2019

Breakthrough

 


Three weeks ago I came across this song. I knew it was God speaking to me that something big was about to happen and to continue to stay strong. Yes, the reality is I am still in pain, BUT there's been a huge breakthrough in a lot of my other health issues and a breakthrough in getting answers why I have such severe debilitating pain. There's still a lot more to be done and figured out, but we've come so far since my first diagnosis of EDS in April and the start of all the vascular testing in July.

  • My MCAS (Mast Cell Activation Syndrome) has drastically improved thanks to my amazing allergist trying to a combination of medicines that has decreased my rashes and reactions.
  • My cardiologist decided to have me try a medicine that is a patch and it has also drastically improved my POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) symptoms so my chest pain has been non existent and I haven't been as dizzy so I can stand for longer periods. It's an even bigger deal because I normally don't tolerate any medicines because of my MCAS. 
  • I got approved to take part in the first exercise hypermobility EDS research study through a university with an 8 week Pilates course. I'm so excited to finally help in that way to hopefully lead to useful data and feedback.
  • I now have a local doctor who is supportive and my advocate thanks to my other Dallas doctors.
  • I'm glad I decided to have an eye and dental appointment because I was having some issues and we know now they are caused by EDS and we will need to continue to be watching them.
  • Most of my appointments are complete for now (besides PT) so I'm just waiting for last EMG test on my arms to check for neuropathy and then I will be able to send in all my very thorough paperwork to my geneticist. The geneticist will write up a detailed report explaining with research how EDS has caused all my issues and if my insurance covers it, he will send a genetic testing kit.
  • The previous post I explained about finally having proof of my Nutcracker and May-Thurner Syndrome thanks to the CT angiogram. I found out I was able to drop off my 5 previous scans to that radiologist so he can look over them and compare to the one he just did. Hopefully will find out any edits made to the report next week. 
  • Everyone always asks what's next, now that we know, can we fix it? That is going to take some explaining that I've saved for the another post 🙂


I love looking back at old blog posts like this one and seeing the journey where I had so much opposition, but because of God and my faith, I was able to see through all of it and know that He is faithful and that a breakthrough was coming.



"Hey there fear
I've seen you here before 
You keeping coming back
And knocking at my door
For so long, so long
I've been trying to soar
With my hands tied up and my feet held to the floor
But I'm feeling' like a breakthrough is coming
I can see that a breakthrough is coming, coming for me
Cuz my heart, it was made to fly
Destiny can't be denied
I'm tired of waiting
I am overdue for a breakthrough"

No comments: