Translate

1/27/2020

My Hands Feel Warm!

Source


One of the symptoms I've had now for years is cold hands and feet. It's not just randomly when I'm outside in snowy weather, but it was constant. I also thoroughly enjoyed putting my freezing hands on my husband to shock him or make him jump at times. Well, no longer can I do that.


I had surgery to check blood flow again in my abdomen and pelvis and then a venous stent was placed in my iliac vein early this afternoon for my May-Thurner compression (see the above picture). I was completely put under with anesthesia and had to stay laying down afterwards for 4 hours to prevent a blood clot. When they finally were able to get my pain under control and I was allowed to change out of the hospital gown, I sat in the wheelchair waiting to be discharged. This is when it hit me. I looked down and couldn't stop making fists because I realized my hands felt warm. The same hands that had played the cruel joke on C so often. I told my aunt about it and then burst into tears. Tears of joy. 


I am now back at my aunt & uncle's house. The surgery did go well, and we were so impressed with the hospital and the care I received by everyone. I am in a lot of pain, which was to be expected, but I would say the warm hands are a very good sign :) I know so many of you have been praying so I wanted to give a little update.


1 comment:

PrettyParadise said...

Praise God! May He continue to give you little glimpses of hope and some relief.