Translate

2/25/2020

Transplant Doctor Appointment Scheduled!

2 Corinthians: 4:16-18: "That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come with last forever" (NLT).

It has seemed like I haven't caught a break the last month with health issues, BUT the last week has been pretty monumental. I had an appointment with an exercise physiologist Thursday that rocked my world and gave me hope with exercise. Then I had a phone appointment yesterday with my EDS doctor and just in 15 minutes, we covered 2 pages full of questions and concerns, and now I have a plan, doctor referrals, and hope in treatment. Today I was able to get an appointment date with the transplant doctor for my Nutcracker Compression Syndrome because of my cardiologist referral last Thursday.


I am also getting my PICC line removed tomorrow thankfully. I've been trying to write that post, but honestly have not had the energy to explain what a nightmare it has been. As disappointing as it was learning fluids don't benefit me like normal POTS patients, my EDS doctor showed me my reactions may help piece more puzzles together.




I know part of me didn't want to share and to be cautious to celebrate or be happy, the feeling that when I do, something is just going to go wrong or I'll have disappointment again. Brene Brown talks about foreboding joy in the above video explaining about this. God has shown me what a blessing it is to praise Him in the hard, but I can't also be afraid to praise Him in the good. So today I am praising Him for the positive and if you are going through difficulty, hang in there.


Proverbs 17:22: "A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" (NLT).


No comments: