Translate

8/04/2020

Three Weeks Post Op


Back in Texas, but not home just yet. We drove to Frankfurt last Thursday from Dusseldorf and it ended up being pretty uncomfortable even though it was only 2 and 1/2 hours. Then flying back on Friday took a lot more out of my body than I was expecting. I prepared myself that I would overdo it, but it was a surprise to feel like it was the first week after surgery again. I apologize for not updating sooner, but it still hasn't been much better. Thankfully I have friends who've gone before me that told me this is completely normal after how long I traveled and will be that way until my internal sutures heal.


We planned I'd try to recover here in Houston for at least a week before getting back to my husband and girls. We are still playing it by ear, but hoping I may feel well enough for my husband to come pick me up over the weekend. Originally he even brainstormed meeting me in Dallas with a wheelchair at the gate and flying with me the rest of the way instead of being in a car for 6 and 1/2 hours. Unfortunately we found out it isn't an option this soon.


Yesterday my aunt and uncle encouraged me to get a little fresh air and sunlight so I drank my morning coffee while soaking up some Vitamin D in their Schregergarten they've created just like Germany. I know this is a slow recovery and trying to be a good patient so I don't have any complications while the scar tissue is forming around the grafts. I've had to also remind myself my body is learning to work correctly after years of not.




No comments: