Translate

2/14/2021

He Believes in Me

 

 

This has been one of my favorite singers since I found her songs last year. I would never expect for her to come out with a song and video recently that not only shares about POTS (one of the illnesses I have), but shows what I have in my husband. There's quite a story to how God led me to him, but I would never truly understand at the time how important it was to find the right partner who could help me survive some of the things life has thrown at us. 

 

I have wanted to write a post to dedicate to him since I created this blog, but even now I still keep typing and deleting trying to find the right words. How could I write or describe what he does and continues to do these past 10 years together? This is why I ask you to watch the video above. From never making me feel bad or guilty on the days I can't get out of bed, having to watch me in pain or suffer feeling helpless, hugging me as I cry in his arms for the billionth time, giving me endless foot and back rubs trying to distract me, telling me we would do whatever it takes even if it's getting me to Germany, having to hug and kiss me goodbye and trust it wouldn't be the last time, telling me to stop cleaning when he knows I'm overdoing it and tells me to go get in bed, saying no to get-togethers because he knows I don't feel well enough, being protective about making sure no matter the consequences that I stay safe and don't get COVID, all the things he does without ever requiring praise or appreciation and will actually try to sway me to not post this even though he's my blog editor.

 

Something he and I learned early on in our relationship was the five love languages. Mine had actually been gifts, but it's completely changed the last few years. I realize he is the gift and our time together will always be the only thing I want from him. I'm so grateful we've had more time ❤





1 comment:

Jennifer DePuydt said...

This is just beautiful, Marlee. What a wonderful tribute to your husband and a testament that God chose the perfect husband just for you. Tears running down my face. Blessings to you.