Translate

8/29/2021

Chronic Pain Overcomer Soundtrack



 
 
Why Chronic Pain Overcomer? My sister helped me come up with the name when I was enduring the worst pain of my life from multiple vascular compressions. Even now, although that pain has improved this past year from surgery in Germany, I still have EDS and will battle chronic pain the rest of my life. But let me tell you I have so much hope. We all experience pain in our life, it might be suffering with our health, it might be other hardships, or even great loss. I chose the verse John 1:5 to represent Chronic Pain Overcomer because there's no way I would still be here or continue to overcome without my faith. For my first post back I thought it would be important to share my goal for this online space.

 

We all will have stories of suffering, it's just what we do with that suffering. I want to be the reason someone decides not to give up. I want to give knowledge and tools to advocate for oneself to get answers. I want to change how illness is viewed and understood. I want warriors to not only feel less alone, but that they have a safe place. I want people who aren't impacted by sickness to gain empathy and new perspective towards those who do experience. I want to educate family and friends in case they share my story or about one of my syndromes to someone who has unexplained symptoms and it turns into them getting belief and treatment. I want to share songs that inspire others so that listening to one on repeat could be the only thing that gets them through another day or night.

 

 

"I've been staring at the world, waiting
I've been looking for a change lately
All the trouble and all the pain we're facing
Someone gotta be the hope and someone gotta be the light
 
Too much light to be living in the dark
Where are we going? We ain't getting very far
Why waste time?
We only got one life"



"I will carry you
Through your darkest night
When you're terrified
I will carry you
When the waters rise
When your hope runs dry
I will carry you"



"Let me tell you, all my friends
About this joy I'm living in
Let me take the mic, go on and testify
How I was dead and then I came to life
No more living in the dark of night
Now everything's alright"

 


"He makes a way where there ain't no way
Rises up from an empty grave
Ain't no sinner that he can't save
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
His love is strong and his grace is free
And the good news is I know that he
Can do for you what he's done for me
Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus
And let my Jesus change your life"

 


"Sometimes it's hard to breathe
All these thoughts they shout at me
Try to bring me to my knees
And it's overwhelming
Darkness echos all around
Feels like everything is crashing down
Still I know where my hope is found
And it's only You
Ooooh
You say You're working
Everything for my good, and
Ooooh
I believe every word
'Cause even in the madness
There is peace
Drowning out the voices all around me
Through all of this chaos
You are writing a symphony
A symphony"
 
 
 

 
"I wouldn't say I would've chosen it
That time I hit the bottom and it hurt a little bit
Funny how being down can make you look up
But now I'm better for it
All I could see in the moment was
My heart and how it felt ripped open, I'll admit
I found You down low in the brokenness
And now I'm better for it
I count it all as joy even when I'm in the flame
'Cause I know You always
Gimme, gimme, gimme grace when I need it
Hindsight 20/20, now I see that
You let me be where I've been
So I can be all that I am
Gimme, gimme, gimme faith to believe that
When it hurts, there's a real good reason
You let me be where I've been
So I can be all that I am
Better for it
Yeah, I used to think pain was a consequence
But now I kinda think it might be the perfect gift
You use to get me straight to You
And I'm better for it
I count it all as joy even when I'm in the flame
'Cause I know You always
Gimme, gimme, gimme grace when I need it
Hindsight 20/20, now I see that
You let me be where I've been
So I can be all that I am
Gimme, gimme, gimme faith to believe that
When it hurts, there's a real good reason
You let me be where I've been
So I can be all that I am
Better for it"



"Even in the darkness, You will be my light
Even when I'm hopeless, You will be my guide
I will not be shaken, I will not be moved
Even in the chaos, I know that You're good"


 
 
 
"Cause I've seen too much
Now I can't deny
He's come through every single time
From the beginning until the end
He did, He will, He can
Did He move every mountain?
Did He part every sea?
Yes, He did
So yes, He can
Did He defeat the darkness?
Did He deliver me?
Yes, He did
So yes, He can"
 
 
 

 
"Everybody wants to tell me what I need to do
The only one I need to be listening to is you
So I'ma take your hand and I'ma let you lead me through
Oh-oh-oh
No matter what the pressure, pressure
You will always be the answer, answer
Only you know how to steady me
Ready my heart for everything that's coming my way
Help me trust that you're ahead of me
Going before my feet with every step I take"
 
 
 

 
"All of my joy, all of my peace
All of my purpose
All of the confidence in knowing that he's working
All of the healing in the middle of the hurting
At the end of the story, all the glory he's deserving

The battle's on I know that it's for real
But I'm standing on the rock that never shakes
The dark is always gonna try to steal
But I'm not afraid"
 
 
 

 
"Father, You say everything is gonna be alright
But my circumstances say I won't last through the night
I need Your word to hold me now, need You to pull me through
I need a miracle, a breakthrough, I need You
They say You hold the whole universe in Your hand
But my world's falling apart like it is made of sand
Am I small enough to slip through the cracks?
Can You take my broken pieces and put them back?
Give me faith to believe You are on my side
Open my eyes to see You working in my life
Let the past remind me You never fail
Tell my soul "It is well" (oh)
Y todo va a estar bien
Everything will be alright
The whole world's in His hands
Your whole world's in His hands
In the darkness and the trials
He's faithful and He's true
Your whole world's in His hands
Y todo va a estar bien (everything)"
 
 
 

 
"Nothing is wasted, there's always a plan
He has a purpose you may not understand
He's never been closer if you just hold on
He'll take you deeper, He'll give you a song

'Cause here I am still standing
So believe me when I say

If you shatter
Every piece of you that's on the floor
He can restore
And after
You'll be even stronger than before
He can restore
What'd shattered
 
If I am still here standing
You can believe me when I say
That He is more than able to redeem Your every pain"

 
 

 
"Deep within my heart, I know You've won
I know You've overcome
And even in the dark, when I'm undone
I still believe it
I live by faith, and not by sight
Sometimes miracles take time
While I wait, I will worship
Lord, I'll worship Your name
While I wait, I will trust You
Lord, I'll trust You all the same
When I fall apart, You are my strength
Help me not forget
Seeing every scar, You make me whole
You're my healer"
 
 
 

 
"Oh, I must be quiet enough to hear the sound
The song inside my soul
I'm going to write it down
 
I'm going to sing it
Loud
I'm going to sing it
Loud

No matter where you land or how far you may fall
You have heart, you have hands
And the highest calling of our lives
Is to find the grace at the very place we stand
And rise
I'm going to sing it
Rise
I'm going to sing it
Rise
We will rise"
 
 
 


"Yeah, God from age to age
Though the earth may pass away
Your word remains the same, yeah
Your history can prove
There's nothing You can't do
You're faithful and true
 
Though the storms may come
And the winds may blow, I'll remain steadfast
And let my heart learn when You speak a word, it will come to pass
 
Great is Your faithfulness to me, woah
Great is Your faithfulness, from the rising sun
From the rising sun to the setting same
I will praise Your Name, oh
Great is Your faithfulness to me
 
Oh oh, Your faithfulness
It never runs out, it never runs out (yeah)
Oh oh, Your faithfulness, oh oh
It never runs out, it never runs out
It never runs out, it never runs out
 
I put my faith in Jesus
My anchor to the ground
My hope and firm foundation
He'll never let me down, no"
 
 
 
 
 
"I know you think there’s no hope, but that ain’t true (Jesus saves!)
I know you feelin’ regret
(Like I) brought this all on myself
(Like I) messed it up big time, and this time I don’t deserve God’s help
(Thinking) how can God forgive me after knowin’ what I did (can He?)
After knowin’ that I hid from Him, and I stayed away and backslid
(Listen) Jesus came for the sick (So true)
Jesus came for the weak (Amen)
Jesus came to give good news and to set the captives free (Amen)
Jesus came for the poor (Amen)
Jesus came with the keys (Amen)
Jesus came to remove the chains so the prisoners are released

Everybody’s got a blank page
A story they’re writing today
A wall that they’re climbing
You can carry the past on your shoulders
Or you can start over
Regrets, no matter what you goin’ through
Jesus, He gave it all to save you
He carried the cross on His shoulders
So you can start over
"

 
 


 
"I refuse to keep this buried deep inside of me
Yeah this little light of mine, it's time to let it shine a bit
'Cause there's no point in hiding it, it's everything I am
The source of all my hope and it's the reason why I stand
And I pledge allegiance to be somebody real
There's no more holding it back, I'm showing them how I feel
'Cause love is more than a word it's a noun, and a verb
and hiding it is absurd
Ya heard
 
Ready or not
Here, here, here, here I come
I'm about to show you where the light comes from oh oh
ready or not, here, here I come
This is who I am, I won't hide it
I'mma take it all over the world
To the young, to the old, every boy and girl
Ready or not, here, here I come
I'mma show the world where the love is
 
Ready or not"
 

 

I want God to use me in ways I didn't know was possible. I'm still in awe how God has given me fulfillment and purpose from my darkness. I definitely still have to tuck that fear and doubt back down each time I share or make a post. It's so scary to put myself out there, but I have seen how getting out of my comfort zone and following His nudges makes a path far greater. Although I could still come up with every excuse why it's not the time right now to jump into writing again, I know it's His timing. So ready or not :) If you are still overcoming, I hope this blog can help comfort and encourage, and most importantly help you see light in the darkness.


If you want to save or continue listening to the soundtrack: -> YouTube -> Spotify




No comments: