Translate

6/11/2019

1000 Reasons to Smile

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile."

From Dallas appointments, birthdays, stomach bug, rain flooding our yard and sewer backing up, and a wedding, it was a woozie. Last week was rough, but TODAY was a great day and it finally felt like summer. Swimming at my mom's and pina colada drinks from Mary's on the way home was perfect πŸ‘Œ I told C what is the most difficult is going through my health stuff while life still goes on. It doesn't just stop or I can't press pause as much as I'd like to. Now that a lot of appointments are out of the way I can finally take a deep breath and look back at the highlights of the last couple months that I still enjoyed despite my chronic pain and exactly why the blog is now called chronic pain overcomer.

Riding around the farm with Memaw & Grandpaw. It really is the most peaceful thing to get out in nature & be around the animals, the girls love it.
Picking wildflowers πŸ’œ
Lots of fun playdates swimming, going to the playground. & to the movies.
My 1st women's church retreat & weekend away from the girls. They were so good for Daddy and had a great time too!
L started walking & just in time for her 1st Easter Egg Hunt 🐰🐣
One of the most precious things is W requesting to worship Jesus. Both of the girls will sing & dance to "Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury.
I made an Art Cart for the girls because W has really been into painting, coloring, & crafting.
L has developed a shoe interest. This cracked me up. I should be impressed she matched stripes though right? ;)
For Mother's Day we made gingerbread houses (mine and the girls 1st time) & C made me my favorite Copper Creek copycat steak salad.
Millie & Poppy came to visit for Memorial Day πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸŽ‰
W & L have been playing together so much more now and we've even been able to transition them into same room. It's been hilarious watching on the monitor because L doesn't like anything in her crib and W doesn't like a mess on the floor so they will alternate throwing everything back & forth until one gets tired & goes to sleep.
W let me curl her hair for 1st time for the wedding.



After making this list I realized we had a lot of firsts. It's hard to believe that it's June. Father's Day this weekend and C and I's first trip away together since we've become parents will be here before we know it.

No comments: