Translate

6/15/2019

Road Trip Playlist

Music is so therapeutic. On my drives to Dallas for appointments, I love to worship God and praise Him with songs. He definitely speaks to me through lyrics so I decided to share with you some of the ones that I can't stop listening to over and over again because they hit home.



 

Sometimes when there's no answer
Or no reason for the pain
And I just can't wrap my head around the wire of things that come my way
I still believe you hold a place for us in heaven
So even when my faith on earth is shaken
You're my safe haven


These aren't lyrics, but if you haven't seen the movie about this song, it's a must.


Before I bring my need
I will bring my heart
Before I lift my cares
I will lift my arms
I wanna know You
I wanna find You
In every season
In every moment
Before I bring my need
I will bring my heart
And seek You

 

I hear the whisper underneath Your breath
I hear you whisper, you have nothing left
I will send out an army to find You
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
I will never stop marching to reach you
In the middle of the hardest fight
It's true, I will rescue you

 

Ya this whole song.


What was dead now lives again
My heart's beating, beating inside my chest
Oh I'm coming alive with joy and destiny
'Cause You're restoring me piece by piece

 

Let your glory fall
Overwhelm my soul
Let your presence flood my life, oh Lord

 

It’s been another day when it seems like faith eludes me
Everything’s been so confusing
Fear got the best of me
Now I’m lying here worried about tomorrow
‘cause the weight of everything I don’t know
Is so heavy I can’t sleep

But the truth remains the same
Even when I don’t know what to pray

But what I know
Is You, my God are real
No matter how I feel
You’ve never let me go
And what I know
Is there will never be a day
You aren’t just a breath away
And through it all I’ve gotta hold
To what I know

 

Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

 

Feels like I've been here forever
Why can't You just intervene?
Do You see the tears keep falling
And I'm falling apart at the seams
But You never said the road would be easy
But You said that You would never leave
And You never promised that this life wasn't hard
But You promised You'd take care of me

So I'll stop searching for the answers
I'll stop praying for an escape
And I'll trust You God with where I am
And believe You will have Your way
Just have Your way
Just have Your way

 

I believe that You are God alone
But sometimes I still try to take control
'Cause I get scared when I can't see the end
And all You want from me is to let go

You're parting waters
Making a way for me
You're moving mountains, that I don't even see
You've answered my prayer, before I even speak


It’s ready, set, go Its another wild day When the stress is on the rise In my heart I feel you say Just breathe, just breathe Come and rest At my feet And be, just be Chaos calls But all you really need Is to just breathe

 

And only you can see the good In broken things You took my heart of stone And you made it home And set this prisoner free


There is no higher no
There is no greater no
There is none stronger than our God

 

What you gonna do when the bottom falls out
And you're left with nothing but your fear and your doubt to hold to?
Who will hold you?
Where you gonna run when it's all on the line
And you're looking for someone to save your life?

To save your life
Love can hear you
Love can heal you
If you let it inside
Oh, remember now
Love's not easy
But it's worth it

 

When my world shakes
Your love remains unshaken
So constant, so perfect, unwavering
When my world falls
Your love remains unfailing
So constant, so perfect, unwavering
So constant, so perfect, unwavering




Any of these that's your favorite or a certain lyric speaking to you lately?



No comments: