Translate

9/25/2019

Sometimes You Need a Good Laugh, Even if it's at Yourself

I used to do a post series on my travel blog of my many embarrassing moments. I couldn't help sharing this recent one since I usually have quite serious posts on here.


Well here's a good laugh for everyone at my expense. So I needed to drop off my 24 urine sample at the lab at the hospital. Unfortunately I couldn't get much pee in that 24 hours (I mean part of the problem because I can't drink a whole lot without pain). Anyway, I park, and the container is in a bag they gave me with handles so I use my cane to walk to the lab holding onto the bag. I get to the desk and look down to realize the bag is wet AND there's not only urine all over the outside of the container, but has saturated the lab note needed to send my info out for the doctor to get tested. Weirdly enough, the lid is still tightly secured, fortunately it wasn't a whole lot (not that I had much to begin with). Can you just imagine though as I realize this, I now need to explain it to the poor lab tech? She gets gloves, makes a comment  about how little is in the tub (again I explain it's the reason why we are testing) and I give her the disgusting pee form. She tells me they are going to hang it up to dry so that she can make copies to mail off 😳😞 Sooo thats how my morning started...




Anyone else have a funny, embarrassing story they'd like to share?

No comments: