Translate

7/21/2020

One Week Post Op


Got these beautiful flowers delivered yesterday morning. It was the start of a much better day on this surgery recovery. My surgeon told me his patients hate him the first week, but love him the second. I could never hate that kind man who saved my life, but I definitely understand what he means. 

*Today I wore an abdominal binder & walked down to the outside garden with my physio therapist
*Starting to get my appetite back & less nausea, but still only eating a couple bites 
*I finally have all IV's out so my veins can get a break & all my bruises can start to heal
*Yesterday I got to take my first shower because they pulled my epidural & can now use a heating pad on my back 
*Sunday I had my cath & drain pulled (that made it a little more comfortable finding a sleeping position the last 2 nights)


We now have a plan to also share :)

*Friday will have CTA done to check on everything since surgery & so I can take back to my doctors in the US
*We are expecting I will leave the clinic on Tuesday (2 week mark) when I have my stitches removed
*Our original return flight was to leave on the 31st and as of now, it looks like we won't have to change it ✈️πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²


My doctors and I are thrilled with the progress I've made since surgery. My surgeon did not end up needing to make the kidney pillow. He put the "graft" outside the iliac vein for my May-Thurner & Pelvic Congestion Syndromes and a graft outside the renal vein for my Nutcracker & Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndromes. The vascular surgeon who operated on me with my surgeon actually wanted to know who originally put in my iliac stent because he did such a good job. They put the exterior graft as well to give extra padding to help prevent future recompression with my EDS. It was the most validating to hear him also tell me that my Nutcracker was very rare at just how bad it was, he was almost in disbelief. My renal vein and SMA were completely pancaked. Fixing this he believed would actually improve my MALS without having to address it. No wonder my dueodenum wasn't functioning, that I had such severe pain, and that I could barely walk without wanting to pass out. 


When I hoped for this trip, all I could think about was making sure I would stay around a little longer for my husband and girls. I would never imagine that a week out from this surgery I'd get to tell my little girls that Mommy is going to be well enough to play with them again. I'm in tears in awe of God's goodness. This surgery was beyond the toughest thing I've ever had to get through in my life, but I'm truly looking forward to living life 2.0 πŸŽ‰



4 comments:

Tina - MEMAW said...

Crying I am so happy!!πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜❤️πŸ’•

Mark77 said...

I agree, Your post brings up such strong emotions. These are given to us by God and he is good, he will continue to sustain and strengthen you so that you can be the mom your children need. My family and I are praying for you and wishing you all the best in your healing and the upcoming travel. Thank you for sharing your story, it’s been very helpful and encouraging for the situation with my daughter Jessica.

Praying continue blessing.

MiMi Cherry said...

I just read your latest and i am so happy you are doing so well after such terrible pain you were experiencing. We saw those sweet little girls when Missy was in town. Lila was so affectionate and gave me lots of kisses and hugs. Willa was experiencing some bashfulness until we were starting to leave. She had warmed up to us by then. I gave them each a quarter & a dime to spend while with Missy. They were so excited.We love you and are so happy you will be home soon, and that your surgery went so well. MiMi & Marvin

Ashly said...

I’m in tears ♥️ I know exactly what you mean. It did feel like we were dying. I’m beyond happy for you. Much love. ♥️