Translate

7/14/2019

When Doubt Keeps Creeping In

Psalm 94:19


Having a counselor is just having an encourager, cheerleader, & advice giver. I hope one day we can stop the stigma for mental health and as scary as it is to share that I go to a counselor, if it helps someone get the assurance to go, than it's worth it.


Last appointment with him, I went in so excited about everything in the works with my health, but I had a lot of doubt creeping in. I'm thankful I had the guts to bring up what I was struggling with because God knew I just needed reassurance.


The questions I was asking myself:
*Should I even share about all this boring health stuff
*No one wants to hear about me, I shouldn't be talking all about myself
*Should I go to all these appointments and even try to figure out what's wrong
*Should I even be researching everything and looking up on my own
*Should I just trust the doctors


What I needed to hear & a reminder:
*People that love you do want to know
*I'm educating others by sharing and educating even my doctors
*If I don't share, someone else may go undiagnosed without learning about it
*It can help someone else not feel alone in their journey
*If I don't try to find answers, I'll never be able to help myself and make the most out of my life


Since that day you know what has happened? Confirmation after confirmation to let those doubts creep back out.
So it's ok when I have doubts about writing, feeling unworthy. God has put little reminders including people to show and tell me He's using ME. 


And so if you are reading this and having doubts creep in, I'm here to be your friendly reminder to have that confidence because he's using YOU.

No comments: