Translate

7/11/2019

Why Me?


  "When you see a field of dandelions you can either see a hundred weeds or a hundred wishes."


Why me? Well, why not me? Why would it need to be someone else instead of me?


You know what, yes me, because:

-I have a loving, supportive, understanding husband
-I live close to family and have childcare options
-I have insurance
-I have a church family
-I have a strong relationship with God
-I've been through trials before where God has been there and showed us time and time again how He works
-I'm extremely determined
-I'm proactive (I can't just sit back and let something happen - definitely a doer)
-I have an exercise science background and interest
-I know how to research, find answers, and figure out a solution (or make a plan to how I'm going to find a solution)
-I have family members who've experienced, dealt, and lived with chronic pain


I understand there are so many reasons why I won't ever understand and only for God to know why me, but just like other experiences and situations, only time may show why.


I also had a revelation recently that unfortunately our girls may have some or all of my health issues. You know what I can give them? Answers. A path. A role model to show them how to handle what's thrown at you in life and not give up. 


I have to add the last thing for why me. Hard to type these words because I'm so overwhelmed with gratefulness. Why me because I have a mother who through all my weird, unexplainable health issues, she never once didn't believe me, not support me, not go with me, not research for me, not advocate for me and at the same time prayed for me, took care of me, nurtured me after surgeries or sickness, cried with me, massaged me, and constantly worried about me. I love you mom and I can't wait to celebrate with you when we finally get those answers we've longed for, for so many years.

No comments: