Translate

8/04/2019

A Talk with Keke


I had just written the Why Me post in the waiting room before my echocardiogram. Do you ever have an immediate connection with a human being? This happened with the tech named Keke doing my test. She has been working for my cardiologist for 12 years and that was definitely more confirmation of what an awesome doctor he is. She started asking me questions about my health and what I've been going through and within those 12 years you better believe how many similar situations she's seen to mine.


She's met patients that have gone years in pain with multiple symptoms who get tossed to doctor after doctor not believed there's anything wrong or that it's all in their head. They look young and healthy and they better not smile at an appointment or no way will a doctor think they are really hurting. Patients that will be turned down for medications because they must be drug seekers and just want to be on pain killers not really needing them. Patients that don't have support from family or friends because they don't believe there's anything wrong or all in their head. Patients that start to question themselves after that if there's actually anything wrong or all in their head because no one else does and they've gone so long in pain they start to become depressed.


To hear Keke say "these doctors even try to give their patients Tylenol to give them pain relief, are you kidding me?!" They are in excruciating, debilitating pain and it's laughable and offensive the way they treat EDS patients.


I shared with her all the reasons for why me and how God is working in my life including the way she blessed me that day. It's comforting knowing you aren't the only one that has gone through experiences like the one above, but at the same time your heart aches for the ones who give up. They stop looking for answers and fighting.

No comments: